Starting winter projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting winter projects

Went to Earl's in Indy and bought the parts necessary to do a steel coat brakeline conversion.

Stopped at Dreyer Suzuki and ordered a 16 tooth front sprocket for my GR. Should be here Wednesday. Looks like some fun projects after the semester ends.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-23-2011, 04:06 PM.

I just checked my valves [ '82 GS1100EZ ], SS brake lines, from HEL, just came in, that's next.

Comment

A 6mm spacer is needed to align a 16 tooth sprocket on the 1000('79). Mike(the owner) at Z1 told me on the phone I wouldn't need it- but when trying to install it is obvious that I do need it. It costs $3.32 at Z1- and $7 to ship it! (Several emails rec'd no response) If Mike had been accurate I'd have ordered then- and shipping would be next to nothing when it was added to that order. So........Menards has a 1" shim....bushing.....I forget what they called it but I got 7 of em to make up the required thickness. 6 may do.

Edit: Oh yes I forgot- the center diameter is 25mm- almost exactly 1".
      Last edited by Guest; 11-24-2011, 03:12 PM.

Comment

That's good info, LarryC. I knew it was going to need a spacer, just wasn't sure of the thickness.

Comment

Turning a '77 GS550 into a roadracer. '89 GSXR 750 frontend/ brakes,GS 1000 swing arm. 17" front & rear. Updated '82 ignition/Dyna coils. Front mounted steering damper.
          610 piston kit, Megacycle cams.
          Got quite a ways to go but that's what winter's for. I'll take some pics along the way.

Comment

Cleaning my bikes up. After spending years wrenching, improving and rebuilding, I am finally ready to add some much needed shine. Got some most excellent polish from bwringer, some buffing/polishing wheels from HF, and going to town. Also going to add a Blue Sea 5028 fuse block to the GS. I put one on the GPz this year and I liked it so much that one is going on the GS as well. Indy just put down salt on the roads for yesterdays snow storm, so the bikes are down for the winter.

Comment

Just got my birthday present...a Tourmaster Flex 2 jacket, so the temptation to try it out is strong, but will probably just wait 'til spring.

Stopped at Dreyer and picked up my new 16 tooth sprocket. Need to determine what size spacer I need to use the 520 sprocket with the 530 chain (it has been done successfully by GR owners frequently by all accounts) and then I can start the project.

Comment

Working...
              X