Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Cyber Monday, tires are on sale, and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Cyber Monday, tires are on sale, and...

... while I'm not to the point of needing to replace the Spitfires on the '81 GS1000G, it's hard to pass up a sale. Plus I need a few items for the Sabre rebuild.

I've done some reading here, and am looking at the Shinko Tourmaster 230 in 130/90-17, which is the same size as the Spitfire 11R on there now. Bike Bandit has a sitewide 20% off sale going on today, and I just realized the V65 Sabre uses the same size rear tire as the GS (it has a 110/90-18 on the front vs. the GS 100/90-19). The 230 is available and V speed rated for all three sizes I need.

I ran a Shinko rear tire (think it was a 757 or similar) on my Concours for a couple thousand before I sold it and it worked well. The 230 seems well reviewed here and on BB's site.

Here's how the deal today is shaping up based on my "cart":
    110/90-18 front:
    Retail: $83.95
    Regular: $57.22
    Discount $11.44
    Net $45.78

100/90-19 front:
    Retail: $79.95
    Regular: $54.31
    Discount $10.86
    Net $43.45

Rear:
    Retail: $99.95
    Regular $67.89
    Discount $13.58
    Net $54.31

I can get 4 of these (1 each front + two rears) shipped for $197. Seems like a really good deal for a V speed rated and well-reviewed tire.

EDIT
    I forgot to add free shipping over $99, and free Motion Pro tire irons with tire purchases over $99! You have to add them at checkout. Don't need 'em? Sell 'em and reduce your cost even more. LOL GS Resources is Fatwallet for the day.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-28-2011, 03:14 PM. Reason: Wrong size corrected

Originally posted by GS1000G Shopper View Post
    ... while I'm not to the point of needing to replace the Spitfires on the '81 GS1000G, it's hard to pass up a sale. Plus I need a few items for the Sabre rebuild.

I've done some reading here, and am looking at the Shinko Tourmaster 230 in 130/90-17, which is the same size as the Spitfire 11R on there now. Bike Bandit has a sitewide 20% off sale going on today, and I just realized the V65 Sabre uses the same size rear tire as the GS (it has a 110/90-18 on the front vs. the GS 100/90-19). The 230 is available and V speed rated for all three sizes I need.

I ran a Shinko rear tire (think it was a 757 or similar) on my Concours for a couple thousand before I sold it and it worked well. The 230 seems well reviewed here and on BB's site.

Here's how the deal today is shaping up based on my "cart":
    110/90-18 front:
    Retail: $83.95
    Regular: $57.22
    Discount $11.44
    Net $45.78

110/90-19 front:
    Retail: $79.95
    Regular: $54.31
    Discount $10.86
    Net $43.45

Rear:
    Retail: $99.95
    Regular $67.89
    Discount $13.58
    Net $54.31.

I can get 4 of these (1 each front + two rears) shipped for $197. Seems like a really good deal for a V speed rated and well-reviewed tire.
    How did you get the 20% off to apply to the Shinko 230's?...NEVER MIND....I see the 20% on checkout process and a free set of motion pro tire irons too. Now I have to get my order over $99!
    Free shipping is for over $99 orders too?
    Did you mean a 100/90-19 for the GS front?
    I have a 110/90-19 Spitfire on the front of my GS1000G but would go back to the 100/90-19 on my next order.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-28-2011, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Oops... yes, 100/19. Too many open windows & typing. I'll fix the original.

The 20% is the discount listed in my figures: $67.89 x .2= 13.58. Put them in your cart and it comes up automatically.

Yes, I forgot to add free shipping over $99. I priced the 230 rear tire at another site, and it was close to $70.

Comment

Michelin Pilot Road 3 Motorcycle Tire
        Subtotal:
        Shipping & Handling:
        Tax:
        Total:

New tires for my Bandit.

Comment

Hi,

Wow! Two sets of decent tires for less than $200? That's a pretty dang good deal. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I had to get one of two different brands just to barely crack the $99 barrier.
            $99.37 with FREE shipping!

Daniel

Comment

I forgot to add free Motion Pro tire irons with tire purchases over $99! You have to add them at checkout. Glad you all were able to take advantage of the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1000G Shopper View Post
                I forgot to add free Motion Pro tire irons with tire purchases over $99! You have to add them at checkout. Glad you all were able to take advantage of the deal.
                Thanks for the heads up on this sale.
                I hadn't dealt with BikeBandit in a few years. I never had problems with them but others may have. I ordered a Shinko 712 set of tires for the my next GS1000G tire change(or if I buy another GS off CL!!) for next year for under $80! The existing Bridgestone Spitfires have 5k miles on them but still look like they have another 4-5k left. I have used the Shinko 230's before and liked them but heck, for $80, I'll try the 712's this time based on good reviews. Not sure I need the V rating of the 230's as my GS1000G doesn't get pushed to triple digits too often, and not beyond 110mph anyway....that's what my Bandit is for.
                I also ordered some new gel grips for the GS's tired and worn Scott grips that are ready for the trash and a pair of new leather riding gloves. So all totaled $105 with free shipping and a free set of tire irons...hard to beat that. Christmas presents for me!!!

Comment

My first tire arrived over-night from Idaho.
                  The second tire arrived the following day. (Yesterday)
                  Perhaps I can get them mounted today.

Daniel
                  Last edited by Guest; 12-02-2011, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Doh... I missed it. Guess I'll catch the Christmas deal!
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

My tires arrived in Florida today. Glad I was able to help the members here.

Comment

Nice deal, and good to share.

Had 230's on my first S and liked them. Will order more in the future.
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post

Subtotal:

Shipping & Handling:

Tax:

Total:

New tires for my Bandit.
                          What Bandit??

Comment

Working...