Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear axle thread size

Hi
    I am looking for the spec on the rear spindle thread (GS100EN), I think (not good for me) it is a M18x1.5 I have checked the pitch and I know it is 1.5mm the OD of the thread is 18mm. I just need confirmation before I order up some parts
    Any help always appreciated

cheers

RB

if you have checked it, why do you need confirmation? if its a new nut you need just take the axle to the nut and bolt shop and get them to match one up!
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

if there was a nut shop near I would go...honest.. but alas I don't and will not be venturing into the city for a while...what I am wanting to purchase is a die nut and at the cost of them I don't want to make a mistake

RB

Comment

Buggered the axle threads eh?

The part numbers for fasteners are written in a code.

Part# 08314-3118A
        supersedes: 08314-31188 Desc NUT USD Price 4.90

18 mm would seem correct as indicated by the last two digits. I do not know how to read the other numbers though so I have not been much help.

Comment

the project I am working on requires me to run the thread up the spindle. it is being converted to a front axle that is about 30mm to long and thread doesn't run up far enough

RB

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbraes View Post
            if there was a nut shop near I would go...honest.. but alas I don't and will not be venturing into the city for a while...what I am wanting to purchase is a die nut and at the cost of them I don't want to make a mistake

RB
            for a one off job like that it would be worth waiting until you go into the city and paying an engineer to run a die up the axle. far cheaper than buying one and chances are, you will never use it again
            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I have one that I could loan you but shipping both ways might cost a bit.

Daniel

Comment

agemax I agree it would more than likely just sit after I have used it once... I have a lathe and milling machine but I am not really up to trying to cut my own threads.....7981GS thanks for the offer but I couldn't live with myself if I broke it....I work offshore on an oil platform and could try and get one from the workshop but doubt they would have one with this thread....more than likely I will pull in a favour and get it done for me....just like to do as much myself...it is a good feeling...

RB

Comment

Working...
                X