Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750E - 1981 - new front?

Hi.

I want to change the front of my bike, but is there any fronts that fit right in? No big modifications and such...
    Last edited by Guest; 12-16-2011, 07:37 AM.

You want to swap forks? Are you looking at USD forks? Give us a little more information as to what you are looking for specifically and we can definitely help you

Comment

Everything from the tank and forward. I have seen on some photos that GSXR forks, tyre and brakes has been used. I also want to have a bigger rear tyre

BTW, I doing this because I want to see if I can maybe build a cafe/fighter, but I have limited resources.

USD forks??

Comment

Upside down forks, (inverted) like on the modern day super sport bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by phrode View Post
          Everything from the tank and forward. I have seen on some photos that GSXR forks, tyre and brakes has been used. I also want to have a bigger rear tyre

BTW, I doing this because I want to see if I can maybe build a cafe/fighter, but I have limited resources.

USD forks??
          Almost any Suzuki front end matches up to the steering stem, the problem is the length of the fork tube. Many USD forks are up to 2" shorter than stock

I put a 1990s Katana front end on my 78, just a bit of cutting on the steering stops

On the rear wheel, a 1100 swingarm allows wider wheels

Wheels, spacers, new tires, a front end - you expect thiis to be cheap??
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
            I put a 1990s Katana front end on my 78, just a bit of cutting on the steering stops
            Pic's to share please.

Daniel

Comment

Not much to see really. Winter is here, so I cant take the bike outside for a photo. My little work space is so small, more the size of an outdoor toilet he he

Big T: Thank you for the info. Money is not the big problem, it's my mecanical skills that can be a problem he he.

Last edited by Guest; 12-18-2011, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X