Cheap GS G series rear shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap GS G series rear shocks

Hi - has anyone had any experience with the rear shocks listed at this link?

The seller claims that they have been selling in the UK for a couple of years. Has any of our UK members seen these listed anywhere?

The price is very tempting but they could turn out to be a you get what you pay for deal.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Tecshox

The seller claims that they have been selling in the UK for a couple of years. Has any of our UK members seen these listed anywhere?

The price is very tempting but they could turn out to be a
    you get what you pay for deal.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Syd,

Seen them on UK Ebay.

Spoke to a guy last week who bought the same brand for his GT750.

Opinion was that they are OK for the price - but as you said you get what you pay for.

I recently priced Ikons for my GS1000G - Approx $470 for black springs and $570 for chrome.

In my view - worth the wait.
    Johno

current rides 1981 GS1000G and 2005 GSX1400
    1977 Kawasaki KZ400 D4

previous bikes 1978 GS1000HC
    1977 GS400
    1974 Montesa 250
    1960s Kawasaki 175

Comment

www.z1enterprise.com has some Ikon's that are eye to eye cheap right now... might be worth the postage!

$150...

I had Koni's on my 1000G & they worked great.

Dan
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I'm over the moon with my Ikons... only done about 230km's on the bike so far but they ride so nice compared with how it used to... got the Ikon progressive springs in the forks too
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I checked out those Ikon's at z1Enterprises and unfortunately they are 12 or 14.25 inch. Mine are 13 inch which is a real pity because the price is really great.

I'm aware of the quality of Ikon's so I think I'll stick with the plan and save a little longer to get some.

Comment

I have run 12" Koni's (Before Ikon's) on the 1980 1000G without an issue. You may notice slightly slowed steering but it wasn't an issue for me.

If your stock springs are soft/sagging the steering on these will actually be quicker even though they are shorter..

You could always drop the forks in the triples 1/4" or so to speed the steering back up again if necessary.

Your stock ones are not 13", I measured them without springs (fully extended off the bike) & they are more like 12.5"

Just giving you some ideas. If I had a G model right now then a set of these would be in my garage already.

Dan
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Has anyone tried fitting a set of 14.25s to their shafty? I liked it lots when I put them on my ES, I just wonder about driveline issues with longer shocks?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                Has anyone tried fitting a set of 14.25s to their shafty? I liked it lots when I put them on my ES, I just wonder about driveline issues with longer shocks?
                Well, I've never tried it, but I doubt there would be enough of a change in the u-joint's angle to harm it.
                Dogma
                --
                O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                '80 GS850 GLT
                '80 GS1000 GT
                '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
                X