Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else had this problem with Race Tech fork springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone else had this problem with Race Tech fork springs?

I ordered a set of Race Tech springs for my 78 750. According to their web site my bike needed part# frsp s2643 which is 26mm OD X 425mm long (I got the 1.0 Kg/mm - I'm fat...whatever), so that's what I ordered. When I went to install them in the forks they wouldn't fit into the fork tubes, like they were supposed to be 25mm instead of 26. I measured them with a caliper and they are true to their stated dimensions. I plan on returning them and asking for a different size, but the next size down is a 23mm OD spring. I guess my question is, has anyone else ever had this problem with Race Tech springs and will a 23mm OD spring work when they really should be 25?

Like all vendors, Race Tech depends on the owners for accurate data. And sometimes they end up with incorrect data. It happens... if you're 100% sure the forks on your bike are original, help them correct their data.

The 23mm springs should work fine, if that's what you end up doing. An exchange through Race Tech is probably easier than convincing them to send a refund.

I usually get fork springs through Sonic Springs http://sonicsprings.com
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
    X