Monoshock reservoir mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monoshock reservoir mount?

I've seen a rubber mount where it's flat on one side and curved on the other so you can lay the flat side against your frame and the curved side would fit the canister for your gas reservoir.

Is something I need to buy or build?

You could check if someone like Works performance or Racetech sell them...
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

cha ching?

I think they are free with Öhlins shocks

Comment

Ah-ha!

Well, doesn't look like they sell the mounts, but at least that gives me something to search for.

Thanks, guys.

Comment

I went low budget with mine (GPz). I replaced the stock air shock with a fully adjustable Gixxer shock with a remote reservoir. I wrapped it with foam from motherboards, then zip tied it to the frame. It looks a bit ghetto, but it is hidden behind the side cover so I don't really care.

Comment

Why not acquire a pair of suitable "P" clamps and build a plate to mount it on the frame?

Daniel

Comment

Get this -

At the same time I posted this, I sent emails to Works and Fox and a couple of others, seeing if they sold these mounts separately.

Works got back to me and they're sending me the mounts free of charge!

Gotta love good customer service. Really makes paying extra for the quality products worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
              X