Anyone have an 1100G fender handy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have an 1100G fender handy?

The title asks the main question. Here's why I'm asking: I found an old tubular fork brace laying around and want to know if I'm so lucky that it will fit my bike. So....if you have an 1100G fender laying around please measure the distance from outer surface (where it makes contact with the fork leg) to outer surface and post or PM me that value. Also, while you're at it please measure the on-center distance from hole to hole and let me know that spec as well.
    The brace I have has an outer width of 133 mm ( 5 3/16") and the holes are about 63 mm (2 1/2") on center.
    Thanks,
    Willie
    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
    '82 GS1100G Resto project

I have several fenders laying around but, it sounds like you are looking for the
    bolt hole spacing on the forks and the width of the forks at those mounts. No?

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
      I have several fenders laying around but, it sounds like you are looking for the
      bolt hole spacing on the forks and the width of the forks at those mounts. No?

Daniel
      Yes. Thats exactly what I'm looking for and apologize for the confusion. I just thought it'd be easier to measure a fender than the forks. Also thought there'd be a better chance of finding a fender without a bike attached than a bike without a fender attached.
      Willie
      Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
      '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
      '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
      '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

I have several of each laying around waiting for a new home.
        I'll measure one for you tomorrow with pictures.

Danikel

Comment

Working...
        X