77 GS400x Wheel Upgrade options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77 GS400x Wheel Upgrade options

Looking for some wheel options. I currently don't have disc brakes and I was thinking of getting a pair of GS450 mag wheels and upgraded to disc brakes. Are there any other options that you can recommend to me?

Thanks!

They made that bike with a front disc and wire wheel. Back was drum. The X was the cheaper model without front disc and gear indicator.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Charlie is correct you could use the front wheel off the GS400B model which has a disc mounted. But you may also need the fork leg as well for the caliper to mount to.

If you really wanted a different look and a wider front tire you could go for a GS550B front wheel which is a 19" as opposed to your 18" and has a 1.85" rim compared to your 1.60" rim. So you could go for a wider tire on the front which would give you much more selection of tires available.

Comment

Sorry I forgot to mention that you could then fit a GS550B rear wheel which has a 2.15 x 18" rim compared to your 1.85" rim on the 400. It still has a drum brake so no issues connecting up the existing actuating mechanism.

Comment

Thanks guys! Don are you talking about the gs550 mag wheels or the wire wheels or both?

That's probably what I'll go for. My forks have a mount for a caliper.

Comment

Working...
          X