another problem !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another problem !

Went to fit the front wheel tonight and noticed the lock nut on the front spindle was tight, cleaned it off with petrol and some numb nuts has wound the wrong locking nut on there and chewed the threads !!!! Anyways, does anyone know if another gsx or gs front spindle will fit so that i can start looking for one, also ive noticed that starting from cold its missing on nuber 4 cyl (far left viewed from the seat) and even when warm its still missing, but above mid revs it on all four, i know its that cylinder as when the bike was warming up that downpipe was the coolest by far, plugs, coil, carbs ???? cheers guys , jon

You're in luck. the part number you want is:

54711-49000

Enter that number here:

And you get the list of bikes that it fits - loads of them.

That cylnder is #1 (the one on the keft as you are riding). Sounds like a blocked pilot circuit to me.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by janner View Post
      Went to fit the front wheel tonight and noticed the lock nut on the front spindle was tight, cleaned it off with petrol and some numb nuts has wound the wrong locking nut on there and chewed the threads !!!! Anyways, does anyone know if another gsx or gs front spindle will fit so that i can start looking for one, also ive noticed that starting from cold its missing on nuber 4 cyl (far left viewed from the seat) and even when warm its still missing, but above mid revs it on all four, i know its that cylinder as when the bike was warming up that downpipe was the coolest by far, plugs, coil, carbs ???? cheers guys , jon
      Yes, there should be plenty of used axles out there to fit if you don't go new. If the threads aren't too chewed up, then just bring the axle(spindle) to a hardware store to match up a new nut and put a little grease on and screw on. A new cotter pin will secure it up anyway.
      The far left cyl as you're seated on the bike is the #1 btw, and probably check your idle and pilot circuits in that #1 carb...needs a soak and cleaning. Do them all while you have the carbs off. The main circuit is probably ok and feeding gas at mid to higher rpms.

Comment

Working...
      X