Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock identification.

Hey,

Can't find anything on these. They seem a little old, and a little funky. They are two seperate springs, and the bottom looks like it has an adjustment knob for rebound, stiffness, ride hieght or something of that nature! Any information is appreciated!

- Sean

We've seen those on here once before... someone asking the same question. If I remember correctly they were rare & not much good but I could be wrong...

The 2 springs is just a way of making them "progresssive". Looks like a preload adjuster at the bottom to me... the pic is not the best
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Those are street strokers, think I bought them out of Dennis Kirk. I have a pair on my bike with the 150lb springs on them. They work very good, they have been on my bike going on ummm 20 some years and are strong as ever, even with two up riding. I believe Progressive Suspension bought them out later in the 80s.
      Last edited by mrbill5491; 01-17-2012, 02:42 PM. Reason: Forgot some info
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

STREET STROKERS?! The name alone makes me want to keep em. They'll hold up well with some TLC. Everything checks out on em so I'll reuse them for this project.

Street Strokers..... Wow, I was born in 87 but my soul resides in 76 freakin Street Strokers. Amazing

Thanks for the info! Anyone Know a good way to paint springs? Flex Primer, Flex Acrylic, Flex Clear???

Comment

S&W was the manufacturer of Street Strokers.

Comment

The sticker said street something, in reflective blue when I saw them last. But it is a little bit chewed up (The Sticker) Any way to tell if they're genuine and not cheapie knock-offs? Or are Street Strokers already the knock off?

Comment

There wouldn't be any reason to produce knock-offs. They were a good shock that wouldn't break the bank.

Comment

History like this is great. Thank you so much All
                Last edited by Guest; 01-17-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X