Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 GS750E Front Brake Line Routing

Guys,

What is the correct routing for the front brake lines on my 81 GS750E?

I have rebuilt my master cylinder and calipers and I have brand new stainless steel brake lines, banjo bolts and crush washers. But how do they bolt together at the brake hose joint?

There is a longer banjo bolt that (I think) threads into the brake hose joint on the left side, and accommodates the upper and lower-left brake line ends. There is a shorter banjo bolt that threads into the brake hose joint on the right side that accommodates the lower-right brake line end.

There are two little forks cast into the brake hose joint. I assume these are meant to keep the brake line ends from moving when you tighten them down. The fork on the right makes sense since it is located on the bottom of the brake hose joint and orients the brake line to hang down toward the caliper. But the fork on the left is located on the back side of the brake hose joint. Does that mean the right order is bolt, lower line, upper line, brake hose joint?

If not, then in which order DO they go together? I hope this makes sense. My camera is broken and my Chiltons manual doesn't have a single picture.

Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to picture this in my head and all I'm getting is a huh. Really need some pics to see what you are doing. Borrow a digital camera or buy a cheap one. My GS750E brake hoses are pretty straight forward. Got the feed hose from the master to the T from the T on either side to the calipers.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

does this help ????

found here - http://www.boulevardsuzuki.com/fiche...1980&fveh=2136

Comment

Close but no cigar guys. Guess I need to find a camera. Thanks!

Comment

What you see from Gate Keeper's post, couldn't be any more straight forward. Or did someone do some creative plumbing on the bike at one time?
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

My lower lines definitely did not both bolt into the right side. Maybe somebody did perform some do-it-yourself plumbing. I guess that's what you get with a $350 bike sometimes...

Comment

Hey guys,

I just stumbled across the solution. It was on page 186 of the official Suzuki GS750 Service Manual, which I found on BikeCliff's website (http://www.mtsac.edu/~cliff/storage/...50_16valve.pdf).

These pics clearly show how the lines are attached.

Comment

same as what my 83 GS750E is like

does this mean the parts fiche is wrong, or perhpas just a different way of routing.....

Comment

That's it! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X