Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000EN disks

Hi Guys
    I am following a set of disks on a famous auction site () that came off a GS850G, question is with they fit on my GS1000EN (79) standard wheels? At some point I will be changing the wheels but for now will be using the originals and thought the vented disks look better than the old ones I have.

Thanks for any help

RB

Direct bolt on.

Daniel

Comment

The disks ,will bolt on but are smaller diameter if I recall and (correct me if I am wrong) may need the 850 calipers?

1978 GS1000C
      1979 GS1000E
      1980 GS1000E
      2004 Roadstar

Comment

I have fitted vented discs to my 1980 Gs1000s,with no isues, I also have Gsx1100et calipers fitted aswell.....
        also there is a big weight differance 2 vented discs way as much as one stock disc when i weighed them......

Comment

Originally posted by gshub View Post
          I have fitted vented discs to my 1980 Gs1000s,with no isues, I also have Gsx1100et calipers fitted aswell.....
          also there is a big weight differance 2 vented discs way as much as one stock disc when i weighed them......
          Me too. Though I have the even lighter GSX750ES calipers (I think they might weigh about 50 grams less......) Braking is light and day better than those old calipers with the round pads.
          79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer
          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

cheers for the info...I take it GSX750ES calipers will fit straight onto the GS1000EN forks?

RB

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbraes View Post
              cheers for the info...I take it GSX750ES calipers will fit straight onto the GS1000EN forks?

RB
              Straight bolt on. Same as later GS850 calipers but I'm not sure what year they changed (and loads of GSX750ES bikes are getting broken at the moment as they aren't loved over here).
              79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer

Comment

cheers for that, I might well check out some disks and calipers...ebay has both at the moment

RB

Comment

guys just need some confirmation, I have just got hold of a pair of GSX750ESD front calipers that need some TLC....is the seal kit on the attached site for the 'two' front calipers?...it looks like it has all the seals for 2 too me or am I missing something...just want to check before I buy, or does anyone know of a better price for a seal kit over here in UK?

For the very best quality, really reliable motorcycle parts, spares and motorbike service equipment for a Suzuki GSX 750 ESD 1983 have a look at the Wemoto website!

Cheers

RB

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbraes View Post
                    guys just need some confirmation, I have just got hold of a pair of GSX750ESD front calipers that need some TLC....is the seal kit on the attached site for the 'two' front calipers?...it looks like it has all the seals for 2 too me or am I missing something...just want to check before I buy, or does anyone know of a better price for a seal kit over here in UK?

For the very best quality, really reliable motorcycle parts, spares and motorbike service equipment for a Suzuki GSX 750 ESD 1983 have a look at the Wemoto website!

Cheers

RB
                    Yes, each side takes one of those flat O rings and one boot for the piston
                    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                    2007 DRz 400S
                    1999 ATK 490ES
                    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Thanks Big T....

RB

Comment

Expensive bits of rubber! Are you sure that you don't just need the seals - that'll save you quite a bit. And if you got hold of some stainless pistons then you wouldn't need the boots.
                        79 GS1000S
                        79 GS1000S (another one)
                        80 GSX750
                        80 GS550
                        80 CB650 cafe racer

Comment

Working...
                        X