Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650G Katana forks

Hi folks!

I've got a GS650G Katana, 1982 model.. My front fork is broken, so i'm going to change it.. I can only find forks from GS650GL, GS650E, GS650GX.. They look the same, but they don't have this oil cooler in the front..

Anyone know if I can use these forks on this bike?? Are they interchangeable??

Sincerely Terje, Norway

Originally posted by jordraatt View Post
    Hi folks!

I've got a GS650G Katana, 1982 model.. My front fork is broken, so i'm going to change it.. I can only find forks from GS650GL, GS650E, GS650GX.. They look the same, but they don't have this oil cooler in the front..

Anyone know if I can use these forks on this bike?? Are they interchangeable??

Sincerely Terje, Norway
    Hi Terje,

Sorry but I am not familiar with any of the 650 model forks.

By "oil cooler in the front" I assume you are talking about the reportedly ineffective anti-dive cartridges that are on some models. If so, I wouldn't worry about losing them in a swap.

If you can confirm they are the same diameter and length, and the caliper and front guard bolt holes are the same, then it shouldn't be a problem to swap them. But I don't really know. Hopefully a more informed GSer will comment.

Comment

Thank you very much Colin.
      YES, anti-dive cartridges, that's what it was i've done some research on those, and they turn out to be really crap, as you say.. so bye bye!

the forks really looks the same, except for these cartridge mounts.. maybe i'll take a chance and order by measurments as you say.. but until then i'll wait to see if someone knows..

Sincerely

Comment

Hi Terje,
        I have a 650 Katana, and yes those cartridges are for anti dive. If you change the forks to something else without the Anti dive its no problem, or if you get the same forks you can just block off the anti dive in a few different ways.
        Do a search on here to see how to block them off if you interested.
        NOTE: Calipers on my 1000(no anti dive) are same as my 650(with anti dive), so bypassing the anti dive is fine.

Comment

Thank you mister.

I'll do a research on bypassing the anti-dive then.. But problem is, do you know if the forks are interchangeable?? Can you us a fork from for example a GS650E on our GS650G Katana?? They look pretty much the same, except for the anti-dive unit.. Diameter is propably the same, but can you mount the wheel and the brake calipers from the Katana on a fork from a different model?? As mentioned i have a nice price on forks from gs650e, gs650l and gs650gl..

Comment

Working...
          X