Canadians and tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadians and tires?

Where are you canadian riders getting your tires from. Just going to be needing a couple new ones before riding season. Wondering if you buy local or online. If online who has decent prices and shipping to Canada?

Check out Pete's Superbike in Quebec.....prices are supposedly very close to those of vendors south of the border, and with cheaper/quicker shipping and no customs shenanigans etc. Not all the bias-ply tires they can supply are listed, so it might be worth dropping them a line if your tires aren't. FWIW, I have always bought from imotorcycle.com in the U.S., but I think they went belly-up...will be checking out Pete's prices myself, in a few months.
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Haven't ordered myself (yet) but I hear good things about Pete's Superbike.

Comment

Thanks guys. will give it a look see.

Comment

Just browsing, not sure whats optimal yet.
          looks like a pair of
          bt45's shipped is about $265
          Sport demons $255
          Last edited by Guest; 02-26-2012, 04:00 AM.

Comment

I've been using Motorcycle Superstore, but living just across the border makes it a whole lot cheaper. I have them shipped to WA, go play a round of golf or take the girlfriend for a walk/ride on the beach, and pick them up on the way back.

MS does ship to Canada, but you may get tagged for Duty and Taxes.
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

yes, my parents live just across the border in WA as well but It will be mid to later spring before I make it down there again.

Comment

A big thumbs-up for Pete's.
                I have purchased 3 sets from them over the years with excellent results.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Never knew about Petes. Just checked on their site to compare prices with MC Superstore. For the set of Pirelli Sport Demons I want, they are within $20 of Superstore. Pretty good IMO. Saves me a trip to Point Roberts, and delivered to my door. Think I'll give them a go.
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

I just took delivery of a new exhaust pipe from the motorcycle superstore. I used Seawings to get it here. So I took advantage of the store's free shipping in the States. They ship it to Seawings in Blaine then it comes by air (seawings) to Victoria and I clear it at customs and pay seawings for shipping. No brokerage fees!!
                    Pipe $328
                    taxes 39.36
                    shipping 23.30
                    total 390.66
                    Dealers here wanted $429.00 plus 12% tax. You do the math.
                    No signature

Comment

I also have got them delivered from the states, still cheaper than the shopps up here. Then the last set I had delivered to where I went to the states for a rally.

Comment

Well I think when I get my tax return, before I dump it on my credit card pete's is gonna get some for some new tires.

Comment

Just ordered some BT-45's $265 shipped from Pete's, About a little more than $100 cheaper than I could find anything locally with the normal shops we deal with.

Comment

Working...
                          X