suzuki gs FRONT MASTER CYLINDER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suzuki gs FRONT MASTER CYLINDER

1980 suzuki gs 1100 FRONT MASTER CYLINDER leaking from a littal hole under the FRONT MASTER CYLINDER ?
    Last edited by Guest; 03-11-2012, 05:02 PM. Reason: pic

Buy some seals and give it a full service or swap it over to something from a more modern bike.

The one from the EX650 ninja works and has a mirror mount.
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

which grove dose the circle clip go in the one on the end side of the mc or the one on the out side?

Comment

Master Cylinder Rebuild

I just went through this. The circlip has to go in the innermost groove (deepest in the hole). It is not easy. If you do not compress the piston far enough, the circlip will drop into the larger groove, the one meant for the dust boot. It took me a long time and many tries. There are proper motorcycle master cylinder tools but I modified a pair of needle-nose pliers by cutting two small grooves in the nipper ends to hold the holes in the circlip. Worked pretty well. Good luck and let us know how you did.

Comment

got it back together was a little hard to get the c clip back to the 2 hole. took it apart and cleaned out used same parts back together no more leaks.

Comment

Congrats. Got mine back in service today also. Not easy, but I learned a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X