Rear Shock swap advice for 1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Shock swap advice for 1150

Does anyone have the low down on how a hayabusa shock would swap into an 1150? I saw a thread from a few years ago but the OP didn't take any pics or give too much info about it.

TIA!

By The Hagon and be done with it

my .02

Comment

Would need to change swingarm and everything else including footpegs and mounts. I'm installing a '94 1100 gsxr arm with the busa shock on my '83 750. 1150's (anything that is fullfloater style rear suspension.) need a shock with an eye style mount on the bottom of the shock, busa shocks are clevis type.
      Last edited by kingofvenus; 03-12-2012, 10:32 PM.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
        By The Hagon and be done with it

my .02
        That would be way too easy and I'm way too cheap. But thanks!

Comment

If the clevis is the right dimension I suspect you could use it but you'd have to put a spacer in the middle & maybe on each side too...

I have no info on the Busa Shock. I know the Ducati Monster 900 is a straight bolt on though...
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I put a 750 Gixxer on my GPz. I had to mill a touch off the top and shim the bottom, but it fits and rides great. You need to find a shock from a similar weight that has the same ends ((eye and clevis, whatever) and is roughly the same length.
            I would probably go to Progressive and find out what fits your bike, then find out what other bikes that shock fits. Then go the eBay and do some searching. I think I paid $50 for mine; they aren't worth much to Gixxer owners.

Comment

Working...
            X