Rear tire not holding pressure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear tire not holding pressure...

So, I'm restoring my 1981 gs850 GL and I just purchased and replaced the tires. I haven't had her on the road yet with the new tires but just recently noticed that the rear isn't holding pressure and so I filled it up and sprayed it down with soap and it's foaming up right around the edge of the rim on both sides. When I finished changing the tires and filled them for the first time before putting them back on the bike the front tire "popped" when I filled it but the rear did not. Being as it's foaming in the same spot on both sides of the rear tire is it safe to assume that from sitting for so long on a flat that the oxidation is to blame here or is it something much more sinister?

Oxidation may have some pitted spots...tube it and done.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Wow, for once things turned out to be OK... This is officially my first good helpful trick. I sprayed some WD40 in the valve stem with the valve core out, spun the tire around several times, fast and slow and filled it to fourty psi and lightly bumped it with a two pound sledge while spinning it slowly.... No more bubbles. I will sleep so well now.

Comment

Working...
      X