Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

84 GS750 E upper swingarm mount hardware?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84 GS750 E upper swingarm mount hardware?!

I am nearly finished swapping an aluminum swing arm from a 750E onto my 550E. the last thing I need to do is extend the linkage but before I even get there I have to bolt up the cushion rod lower bolt and the holes in the swing arm are larger diameter than the boleti for the lower cushion rod. I should mention that I got a small pile of parts to do this conversion from a friend and that a lot of miscellaneous hardware was missing (like bearing inners, bolts, etc.) I have worked it all out but for this.

I have only ridden customer bikes this year for deliveries and test rides and I am pretty jonesing for a real ride. Can anyone help a brother out? I have the manual but I don't see anything but washers on that bolt in the parts breakdown. Are they stepped for the large opening in the swingarm?

At first I thought it was a set of stepped washers you need but not at that mounting point. The washers do get used at the bottom of the shock but the point you are talking about looks like they just use the proper sized bolt with seals inside the mounting tabs.

Comment

Thanks. I looked in the service manual and it doesn't look like there are stepped washers. Problem is the holes in the swing arm look to be the same size as the swing arm pivot bolt but the inside of the inner race in the cushion rod is the same diameter as the shock bolts! I have robbed a couple of stepped washers from another shock that will have to do but it is strange.

Comment

Working...
      X