77 gs750 suspension swap..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77 gs750 suspension swap..

This is my first project with a bike, my goal is cafe style. Everything on the bike is in working condition. My first plan is to upgrade the suspension/brakes. It has everything stock, i want to reuse the spoked rims. What i'm interested in would be, what kind of newer suspension could be replaced while doing little or no modification to the frame. This would be front and rear, i'd like to loose the stock rotors, as they way a ton, would like to loose as much weight off the bike as i can. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Saltymonk brakes, cartridge emulators and some real good shocks will transform the bike if you have real tires and everything else is well maintained...

Still no GSXR but it will be vasty improved.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

oh and forgot about brakes, but thank you. Took a sec to realize the brakes where from someone off the forums.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-16-2012, 12:38 AM.

Comment

What shocks would be recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzarr View Post
          What shocks would be recommended.
          Well that would kinda depend on what you did to the front.A good complement to tkent's front might be an 80-82 gs 1100 AL swinger with Progressive shocks. It's lighter ,stiffer than your steel swing-arm and I believe a straight bolt in. Or, depending on how involved in fabricating you want to get,a braced steel arm would look dead sexy.Plus there's a lot of forks and trees and whole front ends that will bolt straight in.Do some searches,get some ideas. Good luck!

Comment

at this point in time, i don't have the ability to do any fabrication. if that happens it would in the winter when i can really strip everything down and do what i want. right now its really just weekend warrior fun. before i get to the rear, i wasn't to upgrade the front, haven't really found much info on what can be switched. keep seeing everyone say it can be done but not finding out what actual front ends and be replaced with the stock. i wouldn't mind upgrading top a more modern triple tree and forks if i can keep the stock rooms.

Comment

Working...
            X