New front forks/triple trees.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New front forks/triple trees.

Ive seen at various places online of people putting the triple trees and front forks off of crotch rockets and some harleys on the front of their older jap bikes.
    I've only seen pictures, not much reading but I liked the way some of them looked.

-Is this possible with our bikes? (1980 gs550l, specifically)

-If it is possible, what year/model bikes will work and what are your opinions on this as a modification?

Thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 05-24-2012, 09:27 AM.

Got the answer I was looking for.

Still. Any opinions on this type of modification?

I need new forks so I figure if I'm already spending money I might as well go all out with it.

Comment

Most newer Suzuki front ends are more or less a bolt on - 90's vintage Katana, Bandit, GSXR all will work with minor mods
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Ive found a few online but all differ on pricing. Any input as to what a reasonable price I should be expecting to pay to go this route? Also, any pictures anybody has of setup like this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

I am also looking to go this route with a 1980 gs550L. Could you pass the information on to me for the forks and tripple trees you are looking to use?

Comment

89' -97' katana or gsx600/750 or, I believe one other model that I think starts with a "B" but i cant recall right now. Though there may be others. For a complete setup Ive seen around $600, thats including wheel, brakes, forks, trees, etc.

Comment

93-95 GSXR 1100 are a direct bolt up on alot of our bikes. I have a 93 on mine

Comment

nice looking bike^^ what rear end is that off of?

Comment

I think he has the Bandit 1200 swing arm on it. Very nice looking bike Jwhelan65. I just bought 93 gsxr1100 forks and lower triple tree for my 82 1100ez

Comment

Originally posted by CCC-TT View Post
                    nice looking bike^^ what rear end is that off of?

98 Bandit rear end
                    Bandit front and rear wheels
                    GSXR rotors mounted to the Bandit front wheel

Comment

Thats a nice look, may be making change my mind about the direction I'm gonna go with my bike.

Comment

Working...
                      X