Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork Seals - What do I order?

Hello,

I noticed, while pushing my in-progress GS550 out of the garage, that the front forks seem pretty soft. They don't seem to have leaked any oil, but I've never had the bike running so I don't know what shape they're in under riding conditions. Since the fork seals are a requirement for the safety check to license the bike, and I have to order some other parts, I thought it might not be a bad idea to have the seals around just in case I do need them down the road.

I'm totally confused when it comes to what I actually need to order. I read the fork seal tutorial on Bikecliff's website, and he discusses there are a number of parts that "can" be replaced. I was just curious what parts I should definitely order.

I'm thinking a pair of the bottom bolts and washers, just in case those get damaged upon removal, but since there are so many round 'seal' looking items on the schematic, which parts do I need to absolutely replace when doing the fork seals, and which parts might be a good idea to consider?

Thanks

Probably 3 and 4 and 5

3 .SPACER, SEAL
    51168-30B00 (replaces 51168-45031) 2 $5.07 $3.75
    4 .SEAL, OIL
    51153-19D10 (replaces 51153-45030) 2 $18.67 $13.79
    5 .RING, OIL SEAL STOPPER
    51156-01A00 (replaces 51156-31231) 2 $3.51 $2.60

Comment

Awesome! Thanks GateKeeper! I may also order a 12 and 13 in case those give me trouble coming out.
      What site did you source that from? The prices listed are a little cheaper than where I've been looking.

Comment

Oh I think I found it. GSSuzuki.com? Are they decent to deal with? I usually go with Bikebandit but have since found they have gotten a little more pricey than others.

Comment

this is from www.boulevardsuzuki.com

Comment

Working...
          X