No announcement yet.

Turning a brake rotor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some good info there. The front rotors actually have slots and not nearly as many as those pictured in that link.

Comment

As for the brake fluid, I make it a habit to replace my brake fluid once year. Cheap insurance. After a couple years it tends to get the consistency of ear wax.

Originally posted by RKM50 View Post
      running new brake fluid through helped a lot. The old stuff looked like coffee from sitting for many years.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by RKM50 View Post
        I have put new pads on also and running new brake fluid through helped a lot. The old stuff looked like coffee from sitting for many years.
        If your brake fluid was that bad, you should take off the caliper and pop out the piston and see what's inside. I bet you'll be surprised
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

if they are to thin or you drill wrong you can crack them
          if there thin and you use them they can crack and you wont know it

Comment

Working...