Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    You forgot to add:

What ever you do, DON'T put the piston in backwards!

Eric
    HAHA nice one Eric
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Where are you at Charlie?
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
        Where are you at Charlie?
        I live upstate, NY

Comment

Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post

Every time I see that picture I cringe!

-Dave
            82 GS1100E
            five asses because it's far superior to having just four!
            Yes, I watched too much South Park!

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
              OK!!!!!!!

I get it! You made your point

That's what my calipers probably look like by now, plus the bottom of the master cylinder.

I guess I'm not going to be riding the Suzuki for a while, with all the other activities the wife has planned this summer, but I still have the VFR, so all isn't lost

Thanks for all the help. BTW, I'm 64 years old, and haven't wrapped myself around a tree yet, plus been riding bikes for more then 30 years and still here, but thanks all for your concern

Comment

we are just making sure you get to 65 and beyond and have more years of riding ahead of you....

Comment

Frozen brakes = no bleeding?!?

I am reading this thread after a newbie morning of trial and error.
                  I have swapped on GSXR foot controls including MC. After getting my adapter plates yesterday I was planning on a bleed and ride morning. Well, no fluid was coming out when I had the brake line connected to the caliper and bleeders open. Fluid flowed when disconnected.

Took it all off and the pistons were seized. I guess if they wont move, no fluid will flow. Newbie flame opportunity!

I had an extra caliper for learning, which was also frozen, But after getting it to move, it blew crap out the bleeder and into my eye. Other than not having my glasses on, would this prove to be a good seal for fluid? I am pretty sure the answer is a rebuild kit of some sort?

This is a 78 gs750 cafe hack job that I am trying to make rideable and safe.
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-04-2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieM View Post
                    I would prefer to just get the brakes working well and safe enough to be able to ride to a shop, and let them do what they have to!

Knowing me, if I have to start taking everything apart, it's going to end up in a big cardboard box.

I haven't ridden in 3 years, and would rather ride then start on a project that may never get finished
                    But if you don't and you get brakes that are not where they should be you may never get a chance to ride again Brakes on a bike are not something you should take lightly
                    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
                    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

The resistance phase The last time I had mine in the shop they broke my speedometer cable, and the caliper was clipping the rivets on the disk when they put the wheel back on. THAT WAS THE LAST TIME IT WAS EVER IN A SHOP! It always ends up with "why the heck didn't bother to listen to the guys who really know, because that's what I ended up having to do anyway". I'm pushing 65 also, but somewhere along the line "after the resistance phase" I learned to listen.
                      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
                      X