Tire's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire's

I bought this 81 1100 that had the frame chop a bit to lower it and rake the front end out a bit?
    Not a lot of difference from stock, this is my 2nd 1100 I have bought? They drag race the bike?

My problem is I put new tires on and the new tires on it now sit a little taller and I don't like the way the bike sits.
    Old tire's were dunlops and I don't know what they were, bike shop disposed of them!
    I didn't think they were low profile or anything?

Anyone have any suggestions on what tire or how I can get size I want???

Good luck with that question? It's been ask before, I last bought some maxxis tire's and they set up higher than my dunlop's.

I think the dunlop's were a d401 or something, good luck cause motorcycle shop weren't much help with me on that !!!

Comment

have a look here, but what your after is to get a tire with a lower aspect ratio

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
        have a look here, but what your after is to get a tire with a lower aspect ratio

https://www.denniskirk.com/help_center/tire-sizes.jsp
        Thanks, sure that will help a lot.

Bad thing is the guy at motorcycle shop said that new tire's would be so close to other tire I wouldn't notice....well I did.

I will try to go for a lower aspecy rating and will probably get tire's from dennis kirk,had good kuck with them on other items,thanks

Comment

Thanks for that reference GATEKEEPER, tire guys act like they don't know that stuff half the time

Comment

No problem guys.....

the power of Google search....yields many interesting things....

LOL

Comment

Won't mention brand of tire, But the discontinued a tire I've used for a while and their new tire had same tire size but was a little taller,all you can do is try.

Comment

Working...
              X