Tarozzi Fork Brace - TWO THUMBS UP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarozzi Fork Brace - TWO THUMBS UP!

I installed, on BassCliff's recommendations, a new Tarozzi fork brace last night...

Installation was straight-forward. Was careful to make sure everything was seated down on the fork tube properly before evenly tightening the bolts.

I used a small bead of black RTV Silicone along the interface of each of the fork-leg mounting bases, so that when the dust boot was slid down over water would not be able to enter though the interface of the two halves. I also put a little bit of white Lithium grease on the fork tubes to help keep the dust seals lubricated.

Tightened everything down to spec... Tested the sliding action to make sure the forks were operating freely. Boom... done! Simple as that!

I may be just imagining things, but it sure feels like the forks just work better all around! The seem to slide better and their action over the small little "ripple" bumps seems to be better. Might just be the extra lube on the dust seals.

I'm VERY pleased with the more precise steering! The front end feels much more solid and predictable, and seems to "hold" better in the turns. I could feel (and see) the front end flexing before, and could feel the delay in the input. Now, it just simply steers when you steer it.

I'm a road-racing guy at heart, so corning and handling are something I really appreciate. This upgrade, combined with the Progressive springs, rebuilt forks, and new front wheel bearings, has really solidified the feel of the bike.

I also really like the way it looks... I guess I notice little things like that, but it just gives a more "aggressive" look to the front end.

Bottom Line: I couldn't be MORE pleased with the affect this upgrade had on the bikes feel, and would recommend this to everyone! Quite a nice, cost-effective, upgrade! TWO THUMBS UP!

Thanks, BassCliff, for the guidance and recommendation!

What do one of these cost, and where are they? Looks great!
    Will they fit all GS's???

Comment

Originally posted by Badooka View Post
      What do one of these cost, and where are they? Looks great!
      Will they fit all GS's???
      Here is the link to the website where I ordered mine... FastFromThePast.com is the place:

Comment

Working...
      X