'83 GS 1100E Rear Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'83 GS 1100E Rear Shocks

I've just returned from a trip across Canada on my GS 1100E that I purchased on Ebay. I've got a question about the shocks. The bike seems to sit low to me. As you can see from the pictures, I had it loaded pretty good but it seems low even unloaded. It has Progressive shocks but I don't know if they're the right length.
    I think it looks kind of "chopperesq" and the steering feels like it wants to fall into the corners like a bike with extended front forks. Anybody know the stock length of shocks for an '83 or how much it will raise the back of the bike if I put a 1 inch longer shock on it?
    Also, could someone direct me to instructions for putting pictures on my posts?
    Art

I can't really tell much from that itty bitty picture.
    You might look at some stockers and see if yours sits about the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:
    [B]_________________[/B]
    [I]'79 GS1000EN[/I]
    [I]'82 GS1100EZ[/I]

Comment

13" is stock

Comment

How's this?

Comment

Stock shocks are 12 and 7/8" C-T-C
          Replace the shocks with some Progressive 13.25" shocks and the heavier duty springs and you should be very happy.
          I have the stock length Progressive shocks with the HD springs on one of my 1100's and, on the second pre-load setting, they are even great for taking jumps!

Eric

Comment

Working...
          X