Wire-Spoked Rims for '82 GS450T ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire-Spoked Rims for '82 GS450T ???

Where can I buy these? I'm guessing to keep an eye out on ebay, and on the classifieds... but do the rims from any other Suzuki models fit?

Years? Size? Specs?

Thanks alot!

Edit: wrong subject.......

You're looking for just the rim itself? If so, many will fit. Do you want 16" or 18"?
    Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2012, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Yep just the rim... looks like I have 19" Front and 17" Rear...

are the wire-spokes smaller? Either way, what fits?

Comment

A 17" rear? I thought it would be 16" or 18"........

If you call the guys at Buchanan's, they can get you a new hoop and custom spokes to fit (but it's expensive). Without know what diameter it is for sure, I can't provide too many other options. Let me check real quick.......

Comment

Yeah, I guess it came with a 110/90-17 tire originally. I've never looked for that size tire/wheel specifically, so I can't offer too much help there.

Have you thought about converting to an 18"?

Comment

I really am not set on size - I was hoping that wire-spokes from other GS models and years would fit so I am not limited to searching for used 'GS450' rims...

I guess the rears would have to accommodate drums and the front disc .

Comment

When you get a chance, measure the diameter of your rear hub (outer edge of the brake drum). I can measure a GT750 hub in the morning, and if they are the same diameter, you could just get spokes and a hoop for the GT and lace them to your hub. Then you would have an 18" hoop that can handle a 110/90 tire.

Comment

Working...
              X