Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time To Stop: Lines? Pads? Shoes? ...Where to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time To Stop: Lines? Pads? Shoes? ...Where to buy?

Looking to pick up some 'wear' items for my GS450T (1982).

I already searched a few sites and found that the brake line is 'obsolete!'

Front pads? Rear shoes?

Help, please! lol

Thank you.

Apex brakes in Canada will get you sorted with a braided line for the front for a very good price.

After market pads are all over the shop and shoes shouldn't be too hard to find if you need them.

I have a Metal Gear disc and pads on the front and my shoes are still the same ones that were on it when I bought it in '98 with plenty of life left.

You can rebuild your caliper and master cylinder with genuine Suzuki bits quite cheaply if needed too.
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

You don't need rubber for your brake lines. Invest in some stainless steel ones, do a search here as there are several options, and your stopping power will improve.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Check on Cliff's web page. Pretty sure he has a list of vendors, plus a link on how to make your own stainless lines.

Comment

I use Goodridge SS lines, with Screw-on style Banjos.(from Z1 Enterprises)
          It makes things sooooo incredibly easy, and the chrome really improves general appearance. Stopping power will dramatically increase from lines alone.

Comment

Good point. For my GS, I chose black lines and silver connectors to best emulate the stock appearance. Dealer's choice.

Comment

Working...
            X