No announcement yet.

GS750L swingarm swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are all the 750's using a 14mm pivot bolt?

Comment

Ooops correction the 1100E swing arm bolt is 16mm sorry about that, I had 19mm on the mind from something else.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

does anyone have a tutorial on how to mount this 82 11100e swingarm on the gs1000

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
          Ooops correction the 1100E swing arm bolt is 16mm sorry about that, I had 19mm on the mind from something else.

It happens to me all the time, too MANY numbers to remember!

Oh and to answer your question on red or green, Chimayo Red is so dang good!

Comment

Originally posted by mlymanz71 View Post
            Are all the 750's using a 14mm pivot bolt?
            I believe yours is larger, hopefully someone will pipe up about it.
            The '77-'79 750 is 14mm.
            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

guys i am looking for a swingarm for my 78 made of al with a wider tire

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper0001 View Post
                guys i am looking for a swingarm for my 78 made of al with a wider tire
                I have heard of one or two guys using a Bandit swinger on their GS1000 although I am not sure which year or what it took to get it to fit. Might be worth looking into as it would fit a wider tire.

Or might be able to figure out a way to make this little piece of fun work for ya:

Last edited by Guest; 08-27-2012, 10:41 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                  The '82 1100E swing-arm will go on with mods. Your swing-arm bolt is 14mm the 1100E's is 16mm. So, you need to either ream out your frame or have custom made spacers. I recommend the new spacers as you may f*ck up the frame drilling it out.

There are no issues with the shocks.
                  You will need extra links on your chain.
                  Don't ream out the swing arm frame bushing bad bad bad, I learned the hard way, You can cut them out and get some new ones made (what I had to do, the reaming really f**ked up the bushings) or have a machine shop make you up some new bearing races where you can still use your stock swing arm bolt. In my swing arm swap, 1100 to 750 the 1100 bolt is too short and having a new bolt made now.
                  sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                  1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                  X