Steering bearing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering bearing??

Have a 80 gs1100E and needs steering bearings, Can I get these bearing at local bearing shop ...I bought other bearings there in the past.

Anyone know size or any info so I can buy bearings prior to taking everything apart??

Don't know what size is but they SHOULD be a standard taper roller which you'll get from any bearing factor off the shelf.

Comment

Look in your other thread with the same question.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by yorkshireracer View Post
        Don't know what size is but they SHOULD be a standard taper roller which you'll get from any bearing factor off the shelf.
        Thanks, I was hoping I could

Comment

I'm taking this apart right now, can I leave fork tubes attached to front fender and lower them out of trees?

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
            I'm taking this apart right now, can I leave fork tubes attached to front fender and lower them out of trees?
            Why would you want to??? But to answer, no. You will likely bend up the fender.
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
              Why would you want to??? But to answer, no. You will likely bend up the fender.
              I was planning on going to local bearing shop and getting new bearings tomorrow, but I think I will destroy them so much that they won't be able to match them with new one?? the lower race is not to bad but I would like to replace it!! I might order some and wait until I get them !!

Comment

all they need is the number on the old bearing, to match up for a new set for you

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                  all they need is the number on the old bearing, to match up for a new set for you
                  I can't make the number out, the bottom race has same number as top?? but the inner bearing that had rollers and cage has a number I can't make out, need micro scope did a search and came up with these............ Upper: 25 x 47 x 15
                  Lower: 30 x 55 x 17
                  hope them are good numbers???

Comment

I am pretty certain that you can find the bearing dimensions here: http://www.boulevardsuzuki.com/fiche...1980&fveh=2155

Eric

Comment

Call Z1 and they will have your bearings. They are great quality and I have a set on mine with 40,000 miles on them already and no problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X