oil quantity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil quantity

Hey I would like to know if 180cc is equivalent to 180 ml in theory yes, but we are talking oil fork here not same thickness as water?

Did I make a mistake by pouring 180ml in my fork?

Regular 750 gs 1977 fork
    belray 10w oil fork

One milliliter is equal to one cubic centimeter, always and forever regardless of the fluid being measured. That is why a 1000 cc engine is also called a 1 liter engine.

Comment

You did make a mistake if you just dumped in a certain volume of fork oil without actually measuring the level.

180ml/cc will get you close if the forks were freshly assembled and completely dry and clean inside. If you just drained the oil and refilled, you'll have some random amount too much oil. It's important that the oil levels in both forks match closely, so you should measure as outlined in the manual.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

thanks jato thats what I tough haha
        bwringer yes forks were dissambeled cleaned and reassmbeled with fresh seal and everything
        filled with fresh oil and a graduated cylindre and seyringe for that last 30 ml

Comment

Working...
        X