Fork sticking!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork sticking!!

I just put in steering bearing in the headset and got everything together and my forks are sticking or not acting right.................what might I have or have not done..............It sucks cause I just put on new tires and the front one is already flat and just got it on the bike and headset bearings and chain and sprockets

could I have not lined something up right.......S.O.S.

Losen the triple tree fork mounting bolts and wiggle the tire around a bit between your knees.
    Center the tire and tighten the bolts.
    See if that doesn't cure it.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
      Losen the triple tree fork mounting bolts and wiggle the tire around a bit between your knees.
      Center the tire and tighten the bolts.
      See if that doesn't cure it.

eric
      Thanks man, Its a 81 gs 1100e I forgot to say...When I was putting on front fender I couldn't line up and had triple loose and pulled one down just to see threads for fender bolts..............Hey should I have bike off ground??? upper and lower trees??

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
        Thanks man, Its a 81 gs 1100e I forgot to say...When I was putting on front fender I couldn't line up and had triple loose and pulled one down just to see threads for fender bolts..............Hey should I have bike off ground??? upper and lower trees??
        I do it with the front of the bike elevated myself.
        What others do or suggest, you will have to wait and see.

Eric

Comment

Had to take a break, headin" back to garage

Comment

Well no luck, have front tire off and fender the fork seem jacked up, what the ... could I have done to mess them up.

should I take them apart or do I need special tool???

Comment

Working...
            X