Front caliper and MC kits for '79 550L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front caliper and MC kits for '79 550L?

Hey guys, I'm trying to find rebuild kits for my brakes. The rear stuff is all covered, but Cycle-Recycle doesn't carry the front stuff my year or model.

The other fiches carry most of the individual components that I can buy, but none carry the piston boot. It is #3 I believe here:
    http://www.babbittsonline.com/suzuki-motorcycle-parts?aribrand=SUZ#/Suzuki/GS550L_(1979)/FRONT_CARIPERS/02650001/5602650044

Can I just order the piston boot from an 'E' model, which they do carry in stock? However, the part numbers are different: 'L' is 59108-45020, and 'E' is 59307-45020.

I tore down the calipers and MC's last night, and lo and behold a lot of the rubber was thin, dry, and weak. That front boot tore apart. Same thing with the front MC boot.

Any advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Tommy

Okay, a call to Boulevard Suzuki confirmed that they do not carry the part, nor can they locate the part in the US or Canada. So damn.

So looks like I won't be able to purcahse part #59108-45020 from anyone. They guy also was not sure if I could us the same part from an 'E' model, part #59307-45020.

Does anybody know if there is a difference between the two calipers? Is the piston diameter different on an 'L' model than an 'E' model? i oculd really use a hand here.

Tommy

Comment

Alternative solution

Okay, I've noticed a few front brake calipers for sale on eBay. They are listed for the 77-79 GS550's, although most don't list what specific model. I'm asking them some quesitons about what models they're from and for specific part numbers. Hopefully I'll get some responses.

Anybody know if the calipers from 'E' or other models will mount onto the leading-axel forks of an 'L' model?

Tommy

Comment

Working...
      X