No announcement yet.

85 GS700 to 96 GSXR750 swap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey salty monk, i checked out my sprockets and they do seem to line up. I even used a laser to check. Could it be that my wheel is not 100% centered in the swingarm then?
    if anything, it looks like the rear sprocket needs to be spaced out a little further.

between the chain and tire has about 1-2mm of clearance. Should be sufficient?

also what # of links are the chains you guys are using?
    I tried using the stock 114 link 530 chain and its one link short. I was on 14/47 but it wasnt long enough, so i swapped the front with the extra 13T i had and it was just enough.
    The wheel is all the way forward. does this look like enough chain play? This chain is pretty much new too.
    heres a video of the chain play. this is on the sidestand. if i do need a new one, how much longer should i order it? +1 link or more?

I also drove up and down the street and I love it!

EDIT: also, my GSXR rear rotor is way too small for this GSX caliper. Only half the pads are squeezing the rotor. Do you guys know if the gsx600 rear rotors are all the same size(diameter-wise)?
    Last edited by Guest; 10-03-2012, 02:35 AM.

Comment

I totally forgot to update this thread.
      I'd like to thank all of you for helping me with this conversion. I really appreciate you guys for showing me what you did on your bikes.

heres a few pics of my bike as of now.

i have a few questions though.
      Billy ricks, with your gsxr rearsets, do you have a problem with the kickstand getting in the way when you shift? When my kickstand is up, it interferes with my shifting because it's in the way of my foot.

also, i installed dynojet stage3 along with a supertrapp and kn pods.
      I'm not sure what a perfect rev drop should be, so heres a video. does my revs hang up there too long?

Comment

Sheeesh, couldn't ya get the chain any closer to the tire?? lol, Looks pretty nice!
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I went with a sidestand from a Kawasaki Z1R because i had the same problem. It took a bit of work with a grinder to make it fit....
          Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Working...
          X