GS 850 master cylinder breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 850 master cylinder breakdown

My master cylinder for the rear brakes on my 79 GS850 stuck on me a few days ago, and when I took it apart today the core came shooting out like a jack-in-the-box and sprawled it's guts all over my garage floor. I found all the parts but I'm pretty sure I put it back together wrong as now it won't pump fluid. Do any of you have a breakdown of it, or a good memory so I can get the parts back in right? Thanks!

Any particular reason you don't have a service manual for it?

If you don't already have one, you can download a copy of the factory manual at BassCliff's site.

It's a wonderful 454 page document. On page 228 (page 11-37 of the actual manual) you will find this picture. Hope it helps.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Well, I haven't owned it that long and wasn't planning on keeping it, so that's why I haven't got a manual yet. Now that I'm keeping her I'll be sure to download the manual.

Thanks for the pic! I found a fuzzy pic on a suzuki parts website and reassembled it a few minutes ago, but this confirms that I got it right this time. Once it was back together they pumped right up!

Comment

Working...
      X