03 CBR front calipers/MC upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

03 CBR front calipers/MC upgrade

I've been looking around for a new MC for my bike, and was wondering if 03 CBR 1000 calipers would work as well. I was thinking something like this from Flebay. It is actually just about as much as other MCs I have been looking at. I'm assuming they would give some nice stopping power as well

Any recommendations for better parts or MCs would help as well as I am not perfect, and just completely guessing here

CBR Brake info: Twin Disk, 12.2 inch (If that helps anyone )

Search the forum for Salty Monk's twin-pot brake upgrade.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

I have no idea whether the CBR calipers would work, they will undoubtedly need some sort of adapters.

The upgrade that Dogma mentioned has been done by several members here, and has the advantage of already having done the work of figuring out the adapters.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hmmm... I checked out salty's twin pot upgrade and may do that in the future. However, I think I solved my own question and will stick with the stock calipers (rebuild them if need be), and just replace the lines to SS and MC to some other twin MC. I started piecing together the parts list for the upgrade and... a tad out of a poor college student's budget

Comment

Working...
        X