Hagan shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagan shocks

Looking for opinions on them or recommendations when ordering. Anybody using them? The quality looks good and price seems fair.
    sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
    1994 gsxr1100w
    1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

They are pretty easy to deal with.

Here is a bit of a conversation i had with a representative.

"Hello,

I am interested in a set of twin shocks for my 83 GS 1100ES. I was looking at either the Road shocks or the 2810s.

In regards to the 2810 shocks they are adjustable with a preload and dampening adjustment, where as the Road shocks only have a preload adjustment?

Additionally, I assume differnt spring rates are offered?

I will primarily be casual solo riding (weight is approx 180 with an occasional 20-40 pounds gear weight).

Also, are lengths standard OEM 13" eye to clevis or other lenghts offered?

Thank you kindly for any information you can offer.

Kindest regards,

Nic Bandelier

Hi Nic,

Yes, you are correct in your description of the 2810's vs. the road shocks, and, yes, we do offer different spring rates. Our specs give us a spring rate for riders weighing between 165 and 220 lbs., so you certainly fall between the typical build.

Yes, we offer shocks lengths in 10mm increments. 13" is 330mm.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Christina

Hagon Shocks, LLC
    760.510.2758 fax
    hagonshocks@yahoo.com
    www.hagonshocksusa.com
    83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

I'm breaking in a new set of Hagons right now. They were good to deal with, I bought the road shocks with only the preload adjustment. The prices on Hagons are good right now, less than they were when Basscliff created his Mega Welcome. Twin shocks with black bodies cost $194 and come with either chrome or black progressively wound springs in either narrow or wide types. You give them your weight and usual riding conditions and they will build you shocks to suit. Two free spring exchanges are included, should you not be happy with the spring rate.

Yes the quality seems good, they are just a mm or two longer than my stockers were but fit. The clevis bolt comes right up to the left pipe when fully extended, I could probably loosen the pipe mount and squidge it a little if I were concerned. The preload adjuster has three settings but feels like it covers the same amount of range as the stock 5 postition. The cam isn't exposed so you can't tell what position it's in by looking at it - a couple dabs of paint fixes this.
      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

I threw a set of twins on my 78 1000, love them. Work great when riding single at 8000 rpm or when touring with a full load and a passenger. I can't quite remember the spring load, 205?? comes to mind but don't quote me on that. GREAT value for the money. The are in combination with progressive front fork springs.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Great to work with, I have there mono on a VFR and it is fabulous

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
            The cam isn't exposed so you can't tell what position it's in by looking at it - a couple dabs of paint fixes this.
            Could you post a pic or two please?

Eric

Comment

Thanks for the input i will be ordering a pair soon
              sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
              1994 gsxr1100w
              1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Good shocks - up with the best of the not-very-expensive ones. Does that make sense?

Slightly concerned over here that their chrome isn't what it used to be - a couple of winters on our salt treated roads and they look pretty scuffy pretty quickly.
                79 GS1000S
                79 GS1000S (another one)
                80 GSX750
                80 GS550
                80 CB650 cafe racer
                75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Hagon

interesting, I like the sound of this. Looking for something decent to upgrade to without breaking the bank. Will probably pick up one set, but then which bike to put them on? there are worse questions to have i guess.

These are now coming in a fair bit cheaper than Progressive Brand shocks from Z1. Are they comparable in quality?

Comment

Originally posted by the schwartz View Post
                    These are now coming in a fair bit cheaper than Progressive Brand shocks from Z1. Are they comparable in quality?
                    I think they are better; others might disagree. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
                    79 GS1000S
                    79 GS1000S (another one)
                    80 GSX750
                    80 GS550
                    80 CB650 cafe racer

Comment

any ezperience with the Hagon brand progressive fork springs? if i end up buying the shocks from them might go for those too

Comment

Put these on the GK awhile back.....

Place your GS tire, suspension or brake related questions in this forum.
                        Larry D
                        1980 GS450S
                        1981 GS450S
                        2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Their fork springs are ok as well. If I'm honest, a couple of my bikes have them in, a couple have Progressive and one has got some expensive German ones (I can't remember the brand) - but I can't remember which bike has got which springs in
                          79 GS1000S
                          79 GS1000S (another one)
                          80 GSX750
                          80 GS550
                          80 CB650 cafe racer

Comment

Maybe I will look into a set of these..
                            NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
                            Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Working...
                            X