Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 GSXR750 to 81 GS1100E

Guys

I have an opportunity to purchase a front end minus callipers for my bike and wonder about the fit.
    From what I have read it will be shorter which I can deal with, is there anything else I need to know?

Are the bearings compatible?
    Steering stops?

I don't know about that specific model but I used GSXR1100 front end & it was close to being too short on a 750ES, I gained some back by going with the GSXR wheel which was a 17" instead of the stock 16". The GSXR 750 forks are shorter still so I think you will definitely need extensions if you use the GSXR wheel...

Bearings will fit, steerer stops & gauge + ignition mounts will need work. You'll have to adapt the fork ears (for the headlight) as well.
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I have a 1994 GSXR750 front end on mine. As already stated, The stops are different, but the bearings are the same. Mine works well. BTW, I have front brake calipers for the 93-95 GSXR models. Don't know if they will work for the 1990, but if you need some, let me know.

Comment

Thanks guys, I missed the deal so out of luck this time.

The bike looks so good as it is maybe its for the best.
        Wheels will really clean up the look, I found a nice set of SV rims that will look killer!

Comment

The fork became available as the guy didn't pick it up so I now have it...sweet!

The guy I got it from was an old Superbike rider from the 80's who raced with the greats like Lang Hindle and Ruben McMurter. He was an amateur champion and raced pro with the big boys.
          It was great talking to him about old times when I used to actually watch him racing at the track.

He also has a couple great project like a XS650 cafe racer that is stunning and a Freddie Spencer CB900.

Comment

Working...
          X