1100E front brake help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100E front brake help

so i put new brakes on the back of my bike and im trying to do the front now. i loosened the two 14mm caliper bolts to remove it but the bolts were backing out with the entire caliper and pulling it off with the bolts? so my question is, is the caliper threaded where the two 14mm bolts go through? or do i have to remove it from where it mounts to the fork?

thanks.

Remove the two 14 mm fork bolts and the entire calper will come off in one peice. The other 2 bolts are the sliders that hold the two caliper halves together.

Comment

I am not in front of my bike so I cant really remember how it looks or how the pads change out right now. lol

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
        Remove the two 14 mm fork bolts and the entire calper will come off in one peice. The other 2 bolts are the sliders that hold the two caliper halves together.
        so your saying remove the two that mount to the fork not the two in fiche picture? thanks for posting the fiche i totally forgot about those

Comment

Disregard my blabber and read the "front brake pad change" tutorial on Bass cliffs site. lol
          here: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

I was wrong. lol

Comment

Disregard my blabber and read the "front brake pad change" tutorial on Bass cliffs site. lol
            here: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

I was wrong. lol
            i should have said thats what i was going off of. i did that and the whole caliper was getting pulled off. the bolts wernt just coming out. and those front brakes are slightly different than the 1100s.

Comment

Sorry , all I can say is look in the service manual.
              Someone elso will chime in also.

Comment

Someone elso will chime in also.
                Those 2 bolts....
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                  X