advice on which shinko tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advice on which shinko tires?

The 230 TourMaster states for long distance and high speed riding? which I'm not doing neither of. The other, SR733 states popular touring-cruiser which sounds like me? but had that "R" designation..is that for Radial tire..do I want that on a 79' motorcycle? TIA want to pull the trigger on tires.

Oh yea, how would I go about balancing after I mount? or take them to a MC dealer for that, and should I buy any weights?

I have the 712 on my 850G and like them. I got a several tools and a balancer, etc and did the job myself. Not sure it was worth it. On my Katana I just took the wheels and new tires to Cycle Gear. For $30 each they mounted and balanced, plus tire disposal fee and valve stem.

Comment

Originally posted by subforry View Post
      I have the 712 on my 850G and like them. I got a several tools and a balancer, etc and did the job myself. Not sure it was worth it. On my Katana I just took the wheels and new tires to Cycle Gear. For $30 each they mounted and balanced, plus tire disposal fee and valve stem.
      Next time find a Mom and Pop type motorcycle store.
      I pay $15.00 to have them mounted/balanced.

Comment

What the heck does "TIA" mean??? I know you're not meaning to use it in it's original form of 'Transient Ischemic Attack'. I just don't text enough I suppose.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I have a set of 712's on my bike, they're not the gummiest tires in the world but they're okay. I would go with the sportier 230's next time though.

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
            What the heck does "TIA" mean??? I know you're not meaning to use it in it's original form of 'Transient Ischemic Attack'. I just don't text enough I suppose.
            Thanks In Advance is the usual translation.

Comment

Originally posted by GSScoobie View Post
              Next time find a Mom and Pop type motorcycle store.
              I pay $15.00 to have them mounted/balanced.
              i went to a mom and pop shop and they wanted $60 each to mount and balance what a joke. i got 712s like them so far but havnt used them enough to get a real feel for them yet. they look cool though.

Comment

I put 712s on my '78 GS1000 this past summer. I mounted them myself and then took the wheels into my local Honda shop for balancing, cost $24 I believe. The tires aren't bad, they hold the road fairly well, I only put about 1000 miles on them so I didn't really get a good feel for them. They are much better than Kenda Challengers, but I prefer the Cheng Shin Hi-Max's that I use to run.

Comment

I got the 230's being delivered...should be a huge improvement from my old square tires

Comment

Working...
                  X