Parts to rebuild brakes on 1978 GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts to rebuild brakes on 1978 GS750

Planning on going through the brakes on our 1978 GS750. Looks like it is time to replace the front and rear rotors. Anyone have a good source for rotors? How about replacement hoses? Any help would be greatly APpreciated.

Thank you.

Check the for sale section on this site or advertize in the parts wanted section.
    Everyone has spares that they will sell for a fair price.

Comment

If it's a twin rotor solid front setup & solid rear then I have a set for it. In serviceable condition.

1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Another option that you might not be aware of... Much more powerful.

1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Phantom Duck,

Are you sure your rotors are not serviceable? Have you measured them? These rotors are kind of hard to wear out unless you've been using sintered pads or running the pads all the way down to the metal. Normally all you'll need are rebuild kits for the master cylinders and calipers (available from any online OEM dealer), new banjo bolts, crush washers, and new stainless steel braided brake lines (available from a number of aftermarket vendors). See the list of vendors in your "mega-welcome".

Welcome to the forum. Here's your S.W.A.G.

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. You'll find all kinds of helpful tips, procedures, manuals, etc, in the links below. Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Hi and WELCOME from Sunny PA!

I normally replace the old rubber brake lines with stainless. It is not too expensive and easy to do. You can make your own, have a local shop do it for you or buy the parts from Goodridge, Galfer, etc. As BassCliff mentioned, the rotors usually last unless they are abused. I also replace the pads on the old bikes.

You are at the best online source for buying Motorcycle Part and Accessory - Motorcycle Racing Brakes, Brakes Motorcycle Performance, Motorcycle Disc Brakes, Brembo Motorcycle Brakes, EBC Motorcycle Brakes, Honda Motorcycle Part, Suzuki Motorcycle Part, Performance Brake Rotors, Yamaha Motorcycle Part, BMW Motorcycle Part, Kawasaki Motorcycle Part, Aftermarket Motorcycle Part, Custom Motorcycle Part, Ceramic Brake Pad, EBC Brake Pad, EBC, EBC Brakes. You can buy Motorcycle Brakes, Brake Rotor, Brake Pad, Brake Line, ATV Brake, Brake Disc, Wave Rotor, Braking Systems, Galfer Brakes, Sport-bike Brakes, Steel braided Brake Lines, Custom Brake Lines, Dirt-bike Brake Lines, Harley-Davidson Brakes, MX Brakes, Brake Fluid, Racing Brakes, Performance Brakes at affordable prices.

1979 GS1000

Comment

Thank you for the Welcome Wagon and all the information.

Comment

Working...
              X