Front end swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Kat View Post
    You are right Bix, but typically our old GS's had, I believe, more static sag than the current suspensions so it's maybe not as much as 2 inches?
    Then don't forget that the rear will also go down if you install a 17" low profile tire.

Hello John,
    Things are moving right along. I should be getting the front end tomorrow and the wheels in about 2 weeks. I do have a question about swingarms though. I've pretty much decided on a '93 GSXR "banana" swingarm. I really like the looks of it on the kingsofvenus 750 I had thought that the arms for at least the 750/1100 were the same. I've found some Suzuki parts manuals which show different numbers for each arm. Also the numbers for the linkages are different as well. The swingarm I've got picked out says it's from a 750. I also found a linkage from an 1100, which I thought I would be able to use. Now I don't know. Can you shed some light on this?
    Thanks,
    Bix

Comment

Hi Bix,

I'm sorry but I have no experience with the GSXR 1993 swingarm.
      I agree, it's a very nice piece of gear
      Does the swingarm slip right into the frame?
      I'm sure Kingofvenus should be able to help?
      In the meantime,I found a picture for you that shows the swingarm with it's linkage.
      Last edited by John Kat; 02-26-2013, 01:36 PM. Reason: added link to picture
      sigpicJohn Kat
      My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
      GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Originally posted by John Kat View Post
        Hi Bix,

I'm sorry but I have no experience with the GSXR 1993 swingarm.
        I agree, it's a very nice piece of gear
        Does the swingarm slip right into the frame?
        I'm sure Kingofvenus should be able to help?
        In the meantime,I found a picture for you that shows the swingarm with it's linkage.
        http://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_m...85.htm?ca=12_s

Thanks John, that picture represents a couple questions that I won't have to bug someone with.

Comment

Working...
        X