GSXR1100 swingarm dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Kat View Post
    I can't answer for the Bandit swingarm but the tire I use is a 160/60*17 on a 4.5 inch wheel.
    It's apparently possible to fit a 180 tire but it will not leave much space for the chain run
    I'm leaning towards a 160ish tire as well. Just don't see how a 180 will work. The vfr750 has 5.5" wheel so i'm kinda stuck with the 180. Also, the arm is slightly offset so I would need narrow the arm all on one side and I'm not sure there is enough material there. If I want to shell out the cash I can get the 5" wheel but I don't know that would help all that much.

What is everyones opinion on chain clearance for the frame and tire?

Comment

monoshock conversion

Right now i'm just trying to get a plan going

I bought the '93 gsxr750 swingarm day before yesterday and it's schulded to arrive tomorrow. Kingsofvenus let me know a few days ago that the 750 arm was a little bit wider than the GS11's and the numbers here bare that out. I'm talking to a salvage yard in Kentucky about the linkage but I think the shock will have to wait for a while. I never thought about this, with the front end swap, until very recently so I think I should slow down a little bit, take a deep breath and like you said tukn, try to get a plan going.

Comment

Originally posted by quexpress View Post
        See attached specs.
        What was the source of the info on the fork lengths?
        It's most valuable but the fork lengths are wrong
        sigpicJohn Kat
        My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
        GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Bix, you should be able to find linkage and shocks on ebay or various forums. You can usually pick them up pretty reasonable if you look around.

John, those specs were posted on anther site and he said they were found on OSS. There is a lot of good info there, but I wonder if the rest is accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Tukn20s View Post
            Bix, you should be able to find linkage and shocks on ebay or various forums. You can usually pick them up pretty reasonable if you look around.

John, those specs were posted on anther site and he said they were found on OSS. There is a lot of good info there, but I wonder if the rest is accurate?
            One quick question to anyone who may know the answer. Will the shock and linkage from a 06/07 GSXR600/750 work on a '93 GSXR750 swingarm?
            Thanks,Bix

Comment

Originally posted by John Kat View Post
              What was the source of the info on the fork lengths?
              It's most valuable but the fork lengths are wrong
              John, could you add some corrections for the lengths? Or a link of more accurate lengths? Ultimately if we could get a sticky produced with this info it would be awsome.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ad.php?t=91604 is a good source of info also. I plan on doing the swaps eventually.....when I do I was going to give a detailed list and dimensions of the whole job to help others.

Cheers,
              Daryl
              1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head :cool:
              1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017:D

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Here are the forks I measured personally.
                All dimensions are from the spindle center to the top of the fork tube at full extension.

Katana 1100 SD/SZ : 800 mm
                GS 1000 E/S : 775 mm
                GSX R 1100 G/H (RSU 41 mm) : 767 mm
                Yamaha YZF R6 98-03 (RSU 43 mm) : 760 mm
                Kawasaki ZZR 1100 90-92 (RSU 43 mm) : 760 mm
                GSX R 1100 K (RSU 43 mm) : 745 mm
                GSF 1200 Bandit 96/02 (RSU 43 mm) : 775 mm

Another piece of info: the spindle diameter went from 15 mm for the GS models including the first GSXR's until 1987 to 17 mm for the 1988 model.
                From 1989 onwards the GSXR's and the Bandit's had a 20 mm spindle.
                sigpicJohn Kat
                My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
                GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bix49 View Post
                  One quick question to anyone who may know the answer. Will the shock and linkage from a 06/07 GSXR600/750 work on a '93 GSXR750 swingarm?
                  Thanks,Bix
                  No. Linkage is totally different. Shock would if it were long enough, i think the spring would be too weak for your heavier bike. One from a '97 750 was too weakly sprung for my 750es. The hayabusa shock on mine is almost too stiff, but i like it that way. I'm 220lbs dressed and only ride solo on it.
                  Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

[QUOTE=kingofvenus;1824952]No. Linkage is totally different.

Drat, For $29.00 it would have been nice.

Comment

OK, I have another question. Will the rear shock linkage from a 1988-'92 GSXR750 work on a 1993 GSXR750? I looked around elsewhere on the internet and only got a lot of conflicting answers.
                      Thanks,
                      Bix

Comment

Originally posted by Tukn20s View Post
                        Here are some specs I got for the bandit 1200 arm (not sure the specific year but looks identical to the gsxr arm posted previously)
                        Width at pivot 227
                        width at wheel 244
                        pivot diam 20 or 21mm
                        max length pivot centre to wheel spindle centre 600mm
                        min length 582mm
                        I suspect that those figures are from the one-year-only 2006 Bandit 1200. The lengths shown are noticeably longer than a 1997 Bandit 1200 swingarm that I have. Plus the pivot is wider. All of them from 1997-2005 should be the same swingarm as I have for a US model I think. Here's what my 1st Gen one measures, using a tape measure for lengths and a caliper for ID:
                        Width at pivot (without tophats, just the aluminum) 8-3/8" (213mm equiv)
                        Width at pivot (with tophats in) 8-5/8" (219mm equiv)
                        Pivot inside diameter of tophat 0.790" (20mm equiv)
                        Axle hole in slider inside diameter 0.793" (20mm equiv)
                        Pivot to axle (c-c) in shortest position 20-3/4" (527mm equiv)
                        Pivot to axle (c-c) in longest position 21-5/8" (549mm equiv)

Comment

Originally posted by bix49 View Post
                          OK, I have another question. Will the rear shock linkage from a 1988-'92 GSXR750 work on a 1993 GSXR750? I looked around elsewhere on the internet and only got a lot of conflicting answers.
                          Thanks,
                          Bix
                          Bellcrank yes, dogbone no, you need the one piece dogbone for the "banana" style arm. 600/750/1100 all the same part.
                          Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Working...
                          X