GSXR Fork swap for 79 GS425?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR Fork swap for 79 GS425?

I'm turning my 79 GS425 into a cafe racer, and read somewhere that early 750 GSXR forks are the exact same length and diameter to swap into my triple trees, which I want to retain. That would result in a better front suspension with dual discs. Can anyone on here confirm that I can swap these in? There are a pair of nice forks on Ebay right now for $99.

No it will not work , I believe you have 35mm fork tubes and early gixxer has 41mm tubes. You can probably do it using the gixxer triple tree's but you will have to convert to tapered bearings from loose balls.
    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Yep, definitely a no go.

However, someone on here put a whole front end of a GSXR of some variety onto a 450 and it was pretty much a bolt on swap. So that means swapping triple trees etc.

Unfortunately I've lost track of the thread, he's no longer a member, and none of my searching has revealed it
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Thanks for the help and info guys. Further research says I have 33mm diameter fork tubes, and although I can't find the exact dimensions online for the GSXR forks, I know they're thicker than that, and don't doubt your 41mm measurement Fisk.

Oh well.

Comment

Working...
        X