Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to lift 1980 GS100G to remove forks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Your sig does not show a GL, so what do you have?

To see if the stands will interchange, go to the parts fiche for both bikes and compare the part number for the stands.

I have a G that I am trying to get roadworthy and I have a GL parts bike.

The center stands are different part number but I just pulled the stand off the GL and it mounted up to the G no problem. Must be a little different bend in the kick bar to account for the exhaust or something.

Anyway, I think my problem is solved. Gonna pull the scissor jack out of my car tomorrow to hold the front up and I should be set.

Thanks everyone

Comment

Hi,

I missed the part about not having a center stand. That complicates things a little. I've seen guys use heavy loading straps to hold up their bikes from the rafters in their garage. Just a thought.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
        Hi,

I missed the part about not having a center stand. That complicates things a little. I've seen guys use heavy loading straps to hold up their bikes from the rafters in their garage. Just a thought.
        Yea, my dad was suggesting strapping it to the rafters. Might have worked if there wasn't so much stuff in the way

Mounted the center stand from my GL parts bike on the G so I think I should be set. SO much easier it on.

Comment

Working...
        X