rubber boot at brake lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rubber boot at brake lever

hi guys, i am switching to a 2 line system from the m/c on my 1100, eliminating the splitter. does anyone know of a rubber boot that will cover the double banjo at the master cylinder? a replacement for #1 here, but in a double banjo size? thanks in advance!

Shop online for OEM Front Master Cylinder parts that fit your 1983 Suzuki GS1100ES, search all our OEM Parts or call at (231)737-4542

greg
    1983 GS 1100 ESD

You could always reuse the double banjo from the splitter at the wheel caliper, then simply loop another short line over the fender to the opposite wheel caliper. I use straight banjos on the line that connects the calipers, and angled ones on the longer line that runs down from the MC.

Then you can reuse your original boot on the bar MC.

The existing brake line brackets work nicely to secure the new SS ones aw well. Slide a short piece rubber fuel line up the new SS line to fit snugly into the bracket stay - then lightly squeeze the stay to capture the lines securely...

I've done this on several bikes - works great.
    '85 GS550L - SOLD
    '85 GS550E - SOLD
    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
    '81 GS750L - SOLD
    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

hi mike,

yeah, that is one option. not sure i like the look of the loop going over the fender. it does look good on yours, though....hm. i'll have to check out how the hose routes out of the new calipers, this is a twinpot mod. i was thinking there must be some bikes that come with 2 lines from the master originally? not trying to get too obsessed over details, just occurred to me that there might be another boot that would fit. thanks for the reply, mike!

greg
      1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

I just left mine naked, even though I kept the single line setup with the splitter, and I did order a new rubber boot, I just didn't put it on...I wanted to show off the SS lines as much as possible

Comment

If you can't find one- a dab of PlastiDip would do nicely

Comment

Just leave it nekkid. The boot serves no function whatsoever.

Your bike will be 0.1 ounce lighter, too!
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
              Just leave it nekkid. The boot serves no function whatsoever.

Your bike will be 0.1 ounce lighter, too!
              that is a point, for sure! between the eliminated splitter, the anti-dive take off, new rotors and calipers and the missing boot i'll hardly be able to keep the front on the ground! ha.

greg
              1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Working...
              X