No brake pressure??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No brake pressure??

I'm in the process of rebuilding my 81 GS750 after an accident. It has been sitting in my garage dissassembled since october. Well now that I've been getting new parts put back on I noticed that I have no brake pressure in my front brakes?

Could this be because the lever and resovior has been hanging upside down for so long, that I've developed a bubble in my lines and they need to be bled out? there is no flid leaked anywhere so I know there isnt a break in the system.

Thanks

yes, being sat for so long. especially if the M/C was upside down they will need bleeding again.
    just refit to the bike and bleed them thoroughly as you would. flushing through the old brake fluid
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Awesome, thanks a lot Agemax!

Comment

Originally posted by Weeksz View Post
        I'm in the process of rebuilding my 81 GS750 after an accident. It has been sitting in my garage dissassembled since october. Well now that I've been getting new parts put back on I noticed that I have no brake pressure in my front brakes?

Could this be because the lever and resovior has been hanging upside down for so long, that I've developed a bubble in my lines and they need to be bled out? there is no flid leaked anywhere so I know there isnt a break in the system.

Thanks
        If you still have the original brake hoses on, this would be the perfect time to upgrade to the SS lines.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
          If you still have the original brake hoses on, this would be the perfect time to upgrade to the SS lines.
          Thanks for the suggestion, have a link to a good price?

Comment

www.paragonperformance.com tell them you are a member here and they give you discount. 4 lines with banjo fittings pressed on for about $110. Custom made when you call and they have different colors available. i really like my red ones

Comment

I talked to Jim, call them cuz they don't list all they can do. I talked to him several times because he wanted to get the banjo angle offsets correct. Good people and American made.

Comment

Thanks Chuck!

Comment

Working...
                X