Master cylinder help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master cylinder help

Does anyone know it this looks right for a 1982 GS750T? I can't seem to find a part number on the page, and I don't know the diameter of piston bore on my bike.

Don't know if it fits but from china with free shipping ????

PLUS a free repair kit?? to go with it???

what does that tell you??

I know it sounds like quick and easy fix too.. maybe try it and let us know how it lasts!!

it's not too hard to rebuild your original.. but you need long nosed snap ring pliers and a $25 kit.. they are all over ebay!!
    Last edited by Guest; 03-28-2013, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by barnbiketom View Post
      Don't know if it fits but from china with free shipping ????

PLUS a free repair kit?? to go with it???

what does that tell you??

I know it sounds like quick and easy fix too.. maybe try it and let us know how it lasts!!

it's not too hard to rebuild your original.. but you need long nosed snap ring pliers and a $25 kit.. they are all over ebay!!
      I can't rebuild mine, I dumped the bike and broke the the master cylinder case where it holds the brake lever. Any ideas for a replacement?

Comment

Add in the WANTED PARTS section may drum one up.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Yes, I have one up already but there has to be an "upgraded" option, correct? Something that is a replacement but not necessarily 30 years old.

Any advice or input here is appreciated...

Comment

Does your bike have twin calipers up front?

If you can't find a used replacement from a 750T, one from a newer sport bike should work if you have twin calipers.

Comment

Check here for MC

I noticed in your signature you plan on upgrading to dual disks up front. If I'm not mistaken you would need a 14mm for a single disk, 16mm for a double.

If you want the deluxe model, check here

This one is on my wish list

Comment

Originally posted by subid View Post
                Check here for MC

I noticed in your signature you plan on upgrading to dual disks up front. If I'm not mistaken you would need a 14mm for a single disk, 16mm for a double.

If you want the deluxe model, check here

This one is on my wish list
                Thanks... I think I'm going to get one from Mike XS because they are not much more expensive than the used ones on flea bay. But they only seem to have them in 13mm ( I still have the single disk up front).

Any issues with going down to the 13mm?

Comment

Working...
                X