What to do with my GS750 calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with my GS750 calipers

The calipers of my GS750DB (with double disks front) were stuck. I pressed them out with airpressure.
    Now the pistons are rusted trough the chrome layer so they have to be changed.

Now my questions is what's the best to do, rebuild the old GS750 calipers with new stainless steel pistons etc from wemoto. Or is there an alternative caliper from an other suzuki bike that gives me better performance that is the money is well spend on?

Personally, I would install new pistons and o-rings and call it good, but I do not demand the performance that some others do.

There are brake upgrades available, so a search for "the Salty Monk brake upgrade", he has installed a dual-piston setup and has adapter kits available.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I have more brackets but not many at the moment... I also have a couple of full sets similar to the set sold in the link below that I could make up.

Travelling for the next couple of weeks though... Will fit your 750 if the pics on Google are correct. It only fits twin brake models with the axle directly underneath the fork legs.

1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
      X